Day 1: Depart Nairobi at 08.00 am and drive to Mount Kenya area via Nanyuki town. Depart to the Sirimon route where we meet the porters and the start of the track up the mountain. We enter the National Park at 2,440m to Judmier Camp where the first night can be spent at 3,150m. Evening meal is served around a camp fire.
Day 2: Breakfast is serviced at about 0700, after you leave the campsite on foot, up through the moorland, and the tussock grass. Lunch at around 12.30. After lunch you continue the walk towards Liki North 4,000m, arriving early afternoon. The remainder of the afternoon is spent relaxing in camp, an early hot dinner and when you are tired you retire to your tent for the night.
Day 3: Another hearty breakfast. From the camp you climb up to 4,150m crossing over a large ridge, back onto the main tourist track for the rest of the walk, lunch is severed an hour and half from Shiptons camp. After a relaxing lunch we continue the climb to Shiptons 4,200m for the night. An early dinner followed by an early night in preparation for the early start, as you are attempting the summit next day.
Day 4: You are woken at 3am in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee, and a good breakfast. The majority of the walk is in the dark so you are at least well on the way to Point Lenana. We depart the peak via the same route getting back to Shiptons for 9am. Some food and a rest before we depart Shiptons walking down the Mackinders Valley all the way back to Judmier and camp the night there.
Day 5: After a good breakfast we depart the camp and drive the 14km down a dirt track until we hit the main Nanyuki – Timau road and drive to back to Nairobi.
Price: On request
- Transfer from the airport on the arrival day to the hotel
- Safari vans for game drive
- Park entry fees
- 3 meals a day, bottled water for use during the safari
- Accommodation in Camping/Hotel
- Driver/Guide allowances
- All Camping Fees
- English/German Speaking Chief Mountain Guide and one Assistant Guide (Group)
- English Speaking Porters and cooks
- Mt Kenya Certificate after successful summit challenge
- All international air transport to and from Nairobi
- Alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks
- Any Medical expenses
- All activities or excursions not mentioned in program
For Enquiries and Bookings Fill in the Form Below